Recipe: Making Tasty Sausage Rolls

4:29 AM

One of my favourite things are sausage rolls! I remember kicking it back in the day in high school during lunchtime and skipping to the canteen for a $2.00 sausage roll - and not to forget the tasty ketchup sauce!

I've always been meaning to try making a few sausage rolls, so I thought (at the time) with my Xmas party around the corner, this would be a great opprotunity!

Of course, I had to make two alternative sausage rolls. One plain and one with an Asian touch.


 Ingredients:
500g Pork Mince
1 Onion
5-6 Medium carrots
Frozen corn or peas (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pastry sheets
Breadcrumbs

Sauces (Depends on your tastebuds!):
Ketchup and mustard/dijon OR
Fish sauce and soya sauce
1 tablespoon of the first sauce and half of the second sauce
(Of course you can cut back on these sauces, my tastebuds are pretty heavy I think.)

Step 1:
 1. Shredded carrots, 250g pork, half an onion, one tablespoon fish sauce, half tablespoon soy sauce, 1/4 cup bread crumbs
2. Shredded carrots, peas and corn (Add more or less depending on amount of shredded carrot), one tablespoon ketchup, half tablespoon dijon/mustard, 1/2 cup bread crumbs

Mix all the goods together, add breadcrumbs as needed - It helps it all stick together!

Step 2:
Getting the goods together:
 Clump it all up nicely, two sausage rolls for one sheet. 250g will make 4 sausage rolls (2 sheets) and if you're using the whole 500g, double it (you'll need 4 sheets)! 

Step 3:
Chop and sprinkle
Once you're all done, slice the babies up. They're still tacky on the surface so take the chance to sprinkle some good ol' sesame seeds for decoration.

Step 4:
Bake for 30 minutes
In the oven for 20 (Or, 45 if you would like nice puffy pastry. I'm impatient.)

Voila. And I'm happy to say, they received positive reviews from everyone who tried it :).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe